Applications open until January 10, 2020
Euroleague Basketball (EB) announced today the details around the 2020 Fan XP Innovation Challenge. Launched on December10, it invites tech startups to join the sports fan revolution by presenting new innovations to create unique fan experiences in professional sports.
The Fan XP Innovation Challenge, an evolution of the previously held EB Tech Challenge, will be marked by a strategic partnership that will see 4YFN, a world leading startup event and part of the MWC, collaborate in the recruitment and reviewing of applicant startups, as well as host the final phase of the competition, to be held in Barcelona on February 24, 25 and 26.
4YFN joins long-time Euroleague Basketball partner University of La Salle-URL, who will continue to power the challenge in collaboration with its tech arm La Salle Technova, and new partners N3XT Sports, a strategic consulting firm specialized in sports technology, innovation and investments, who will provide continuous advisory support to the project.
"We are excited to find out what opportunities can be found in the crossroads of sports, fan experience, technology and innovation," Jordi Bertomeu, President & CEO of Euroleague Basketball, said. “Besides learning about the latest trends in technology and finding solutions to our most important challenges, it is always rewarding to spend time with startups as they instill in our organization a highly valuable mindset of entrepreneurship and innovation. And sharing this journey with partners as University of LaSalle-URL, 4YFN and N3xt Sports, who combine for an amazing level of expertise in this field, makes it even more thrilling!"
Startups can now apply to participate at https://fanxp.euroleague.net/. Applications will remain open until January 10, 2020, and the selection of a maximum of 10 finalists will be announced by January 22, 2020. Finalists will be invited to attend the 4YFN conference in Barcelona to participate in the following activities:
- A minimum of 4 remote and in-person mentoring sessions with Euroleague Basketball executives to receive guidance on how to best adapt their existing solutions to a professional sports environment.
- Free access to the 4YFN conference, including the Fan XP Innovation Challenge public events.
- Free exhibition space at the 4YFN conference to present their solution to the 25,000+ visitors.
- Opportunity to present their pitch in a public session at the 4YFN conference, where a jury formed by top sports, tech, innovation and investment specialists will select the winning startups. (Jury members to be announced soon.)
- Private sessions with top Euroleague Basketball executives to expand knowledge and receive insights on the sports and basketball industries.
- Private networking opportunities to connect with sports/basketball professionals and jury members.
- Potential pilot test to validate concept at an official Euroleague Basketball event.
- Potential investment opportunities and investor meetings.
The startups that participate are required to satisfy the following conditions:
• Possess a product or service that provides an innovative proposal to upgrade the fan experience in sports and generates new or expanded revenue opportunities for sports organizations;
• Possess a product or service with significant potential for growth and a unique value proposition for potential investors;
• Company must have been operating for at least 2 years and have at least two full-time workers;
• Possess at least one Minimum Viable Product, at least in private beta phase;
• Have paying clients and/or users.
In general, startups that participate are expected to contribute to the improvement of the fan experience and generate direct or indirect revenue opportunities through broadcast, in-arena or digital platforms, or a combination of these.
Visit https://fanxp.euroleague.net/ to apply or contact [email protected] for more information.