The first official act of the 2022-23 7DAYS EuroCup comes your way on Friday, July 8, with the annual draw to divide the 20 participating teams into two regular season groups. Follow live coverage starting at 13:15 CEST at the competition's official website as well as its YouTube, Twitter and Facebook channels.
The draw will be held according to seeds.
• The 20 qualified teams will be divided into 10 seeds with two teams in each, in accordance with the Club Ranking elaborated for this purpose.
• The performance of teams in Euroleague Basketball competitions during a three-year period will be used. Each club will get 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie or loss from the Regular Season onwards. 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 16, 2 bonus points are allocated for reaching the last 8, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the last 4, 1 bonus point is allocated for reaching the Finals. The Club Ranking consists of the sum of the club coefficients from the last three years. The results of the worst performing team from each country/League will be added together every year to create a position for that country/League in the Club Ranking. This is the lowest possible position that any club from that country/League can occupy in the draw.
• If two or more teams have the same Club Ranking, the tie will be resolved by the total number of wins during the three-year period. Should a tie persist, the final standings in the EuroLeague and if necessary EuroCup from the previous season will be used to break the tie. Should a tie persist, the final standings in the Domestic Championship from the previous season (after the playoffs) will be used to break the tie. Should a tie persist, a draw will be used to break the tie, with the Company determining the method for the draw.
• The first two teams from the Club Ranking participating in the Regular Season will be 1 Seeds, the next two 2 Seeds, the next two 3 Seeds, the next two 4 Seeds, and so on until the 10 Seeds are completed.
GROUP DRAW RESTRICTION
The restriction when drawing the teams into groups is the following:
• Two teams from the same domestic league cannot coincide in the same Regular Season group, except when there are more than two teams from the same domestic league participating in the Regular Season. In this case, the draw will try to balance the amount of representatives in each Group until it is physically impossible to preserve the Group Draw Restrictions without blocking the draw.
GROUP DRAW PROCEDURE
• Teams will be drawn one by one from an urn containing only teams in the same Seed, from the 1 Seeds through to the 10 Seeds, until all 20 teams have been selected.
• The first team drawn will be allocated in the Group A and therefore, the other team in the seed will be allocated in Group B.
• In case of a country restriction, either team can be directly allocated in one Group so the other team in the seed will be allocated in the other Group.
• A team may be placed directly into a Group to follow the restriction mentioned above.
Drawing the teams as explained above will eliminate all possibilities of a blocked situation.