Members of the Euroleague Commercial Assets Shareholders Executive Board met remotely on Thursday, April 9, to share updates on the impact caused by the spread of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Executive Board members agreed on the following decisions:
- To continue one unified negotiation at the league level with the EuroLeague Players Association and the EuroLeague Head Coaches Board with the objective of reaching agreements with both associations.
- To continue to work on alternative scenarios that may allow to resume and complete the EuroLeague and EuroCup seasons, provided that adequate health & safety measures are in place for players and all other participants.
- To work on collective mid and long-term plans to minimise the negative economic impact and boost clubs recovery.
- To continue the #EUROLEAGUEUNITED campaign efforts to stay as close as possible to each clubs community and to all basketball fans in general.
- To conduct periodic remote meetings amongst the league and club executives from basketball operations. business, finance, legal, marketing and communications to share information and coordinate strategic efforts.